V1 PENCIL CONDENSER KIT
The Vanguard V1 is a multi-capsule FET pencil condenser microphone. Lovingly crafted by experts, it is designed to be a versatile, reliable, professional tool for any recording engineer, studio producer, or artist. With a "straight-wire" circuit design, premium cryogenically-treated FET componentry, an unparalleled selection of capsules, and a true heavy-duty shockmount, the V1 will be your new studio workhorse.
CAPSULE & ELECTRONICS
- 4 Small-diaphragm 22mm capsule assemblies:
- 22mm Cardioid
- 22mm Hypercardioid
- 22mm Omnidirectional
- 22mm Wide Cardioid
- 22mm Cardioid
- Transformer-balanced solid-state circuit
- Ultra low-noise high-quality hand-biased JFET and other premium-grade components
- Deep-cycle cryogenic treatment of critical signal & power path components
- Transformer-balanced output - custom-wound humbucking dual-bobbin transformer
- Works via 48V phantom power
- Heavy-duty brass, aircraft-grade aluminum, steel, and zinc construction
- Each V1 comes with its own laser-engraved serial number
- Over-spec componentry
- Deep-gloss Pinot Noir finish
- Polished nickel trim
- Precision-cast Vanguard badge
- Final Assembly & 100% Quality Control in California, USA
- 5-Year Warranty
The V1 was designed in the USA, and undergoes final assembly in sunny Southern California. Vanguard performs 100% quality control - every single part of your V1 kit undergoes a series of stringent audio and visual tests before being hand-packed. Each high-grade JFET is precision-biased by hand on a calibrated analog oscilloscope (a Tektronix 465B, for you fellow EE geeks).
Every part of the V1 was designed to be robust and reliable. Wherever possible, the circuitry is over-spec’ed. Deep-cycle cryogenic treatment improves the lifespan and performance of critical electronic components. Brass, steel, and zinc are part of the heavy-duty construction.
Every Vanguard microphone is backed by a manufacturer's 5-year warranty!
The small-diaphragm capsules begin with a 16mm 4µm gold-sputtered Mylar diaphragm, carefully positioned in front of a precision-machined, custom-voiced backplate. The housing was engineered to bring the diaphragm as close as possible to the front of the capsule housing, preventing comb filtering.
The capsule is coupled to a transformer-balanced solid-state circuit that matches the unique musical properties of Vanguard's capsules and is loaded with premium-grade, over-spec components sourced from manufacturers all over the world. Vanguard cryogenically treats critical components in the signal & power paths, including an ultra-high-grade hand-biased FET. The circuit is designed with an "In = Out" philosophy with only four components present in the signal path.
The precision-machined brass body is coated with Vanguard's signature Pinot Noir hue, finished with a deep, lustrous gloss, and accented by polished nickel trim and a precision-cast Vanguard badge. The serial number is laser-engraved on the lower rear of the microphone.
The V1 kit was created to be your most flexible and adaptable microphone system. The four small capsules allow tonal variety on any number of sources, but they are exceptionally well-suited for close-to-medium-range mic'ing of acoustic guitar, percussion, piano, and stringed instruments.
After hundreds of hours listening and testing exhaustive design variations with world-class engineers, this microphone will exceed the performance of other pencil condenser mics in its price range, and rival or exceed the performance of microphones costing several times more.
- Transducer Type: Condenser
- Capsule Size (V34C) : 1.34″ / 34mm (dual-capsule)
- Diaphragm Size (V34C): 1.04″ / 26.4mm
- Capsule Diaphragms Thickness (v34C): 3µm
- Capsule Size (Small-Diaphragm): 0.87″/22mm
- Diaphragm Size (Small-Diaphragm): 0.78″ / 16mm
- Capsule Diaphragm Thickness (Small-Diaphragm): 4µm
- Electronics Type: Solid-state, transformer-balanced output
- Output Impedance: 200Ω
- Max SPL: 136dBA (0.5% THD @ 1000Hz)
- Frequency Response: 20Hz-20kHz
- Equivalent Noise Level: <15dBA
- 4 Removable 22mm Capsules (Cardioid, Hypercardioid, Omnidirectional, & Wide Cardioid)
- VSSM Small Shockmount
- Padded Pinewood Microphone Storage Box
When not in use, your V1 should be stored in its padded pinewood storage case.