TC Electronic Quintessence Harmony Pedal
- Regular price
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Unit price
Quintessence Harmony is a state-of-the-art intelligent harmony pedal featuring expressive MASH technology and powerful TonePrint customization.
Beefing up your sound in any musical style from country or southern rock harmonies to Thin Lizzy-esque twin riffs and screaming metal leads, Quintessence follows your every whim with perfectly harmonized notes in a wide variety of modes and scales.
With MASH, Quintessence can bend the harmonized notes without you moving a finger, momentarily harmonize just a few bars or notes and with our proprietary TonePrint technology you can even choose exotic scales and custom intervals for harmonies.
With up to 2 perfectly tracking harmonies and
an intuitive, straightforward design,
Quintessence simply sounds stunning.
- 8 default harmonies and 3 TonePrint harmonies
- 7 diatonic scales and a custom scale setting
- Expressive MASH technology
MASH PUTS THE PEDAL IN PEDAL STEEL
Quintessence features a MASH footswitch giving you a powerful expressive tool without taking up any extra pedalboard real estate.
By default the MASH switch has been assigned to bend your harmonized note up to the next interval within the scale but in TonePrint mode, you can assign MASH to control just about any aspect of the pedal including custom scale steps - both above and below the original harmony.
This not only makes the Quintessence much more versatile as you can switch between two different intervals mid-song without having to fiddle with knobs, but it also lets you do fluid pedal steel bends worthy of the greasiest Nashville honky-tonks out there.
MASTER YOUR SCALES
If you don't feel like using one of the seven preset diatonic modes commonly used, the Custom scale mode lets you load in whichever flavor of tonality you want your harmonies to follow.
When Quintessence is not in TonePrint mode, the Custom mode is set for Locrian. Using the three TonePrint slots however, you can set it to a wealth of different custom scales.
Feeling major pentatonic or harmonic minor today? Have at it, Hoss!
TRIPLE TONEPRINT TREASURES
Of course, you get three TonePrint slots to get you safely through your set list, allowing you to customize your own harmonies with one or two extra voices on top of your dry signal in any way you want.
The free TonePrint editor gives you access to a wealth of tweakable parameters to get you exactly the harmonies you want.
Instead of spending your time, trying to find your own Dickey Betts or Marty Friedman for your band - Quintessence has your back and is always in tune.
TRUE TO TONE
With optimized headroom, True Bypass or Buffered Bypass switch and Kill-Dry on/off, this pedal guarantees optimal tonal integrity and zero loss of tone. And, not matter if the pedal is on or off your precious dry sound is always pass through the pedal unharmed in all it's pure analog glory due to an Analog-Dry-Through.
- Key: This one is pretty simple, just set the dial to the to the key you’re going to be playing in and adjust with the #-Switch.
- #-Switch: Basically, this switch just pitches the key you’re in up a semitone to cover the entire fretboard.
- Scale: Choose any of the seven diatonic modes to harmonize your impending opus. The Custom setting is set to Locrian mode except when in TonePrint mode on the Harmony knob.
- MASHlight: The MASHlight indicates the intensity of the effect controlled by MASH. Putting pressure on the footswitch will make the MASHlight brighter and lifting your foot off the pedal will make it dimmer.
- Harmony: The first six settings add a single voice in harmony to your dry signal while the seventh and eighth add 2 voices to your original signal. After that, you’re in the land of TonePrints. Careful! There be monsters here...
- Mix: Adjusts the mix between the dry and wet signals. In the middle, both signals are unity gain. Turning left keeps the dry signal at unity while lowering the wet and turning right lowers the dry signal and maintains the wet signal at unity. You get the idea.
- Latch/Momentary: When in Latch mode, the footswitch acts like your run of mill footswitch; press and release – the pedal is on until you press and release again. In Momentary mode, the pedal is only on as long as your foot is on the switch. As soon as you release it, the effect is off.
- MASH Footswitch: Our new favorite toy – the pressure sensitive footswitch that allows expression pedal-phrasing without the hassle of an actual expression pedal. And get this: MASH works in both Latch and Momentary mode. So if you’re in momentary mode and you want to do some MASHing – just lean a little harder on the switch.
Here's a quick overview of what MASH does in the different Harmony settings.
- Default Harmonies: In these positions, MASH has the same effect. It bends up the harmony note to the next interval in the scale. So for example, MASHing while the Harmony knob is on the 3rd up setting, the harmonized 3rd is bent up to the 4th of the scale. In positions 7 and 8, MASH bends both voices up to the next interval.
- TonePrint 1: The first TonePrint is for the pedal steel pickers trapped in a guitar players body. A 3rd and a 4th is harmonized and when you MASH, the 3rd is lowered an interval while the 4th stays in place. Setting the Scale knob to Custom puts you in pentatonic major.
- TonePrint 2: This one is a bit avant-garde. The harmony is a 4th and a 7th and MASHing bends both harmonies up an interval which essentially lands you in a power chord. The Custom scale setting is takes you to the very dissonant super locrian mode.
- TonePrint 3: The last TonePrint is a bit different. The harmony is a 3rd and a 5th but they are delayed individually, resulting in a nice little arpeggio for every note you play. MASHing takes up the harmonies an octave for some hauntingly strange effects. The Custom scale mode sets this TonePrint in an Yngwie-approved harmonic minor.
QUINTESSENCE HARMONY RESUME
- MASH Technology
- Intelligent harmony pedal with customizable scales
- 11 harmony settings and 3 TonePrint slots
- Latch or momentary footswitch mode
- True Bypass or Buffered Bypass
- Key, Scale, Mix, and Harmony controls
- Easy battery access
- Small footprint
- High quality components
- Road-ready design
- Stereo In/Out