Taylor 614ce V-Class Bracing
Shipping calculated at checkout.
One of the distinctive traits of maple as a tonewood is its sonic transparency, which makes it wonderfully player-reflective. On this maple/spruce 614ce, a torrefied (specially roasted) Sitka spruce top and Taylor's tone-enhancing V-Class bracing take that natural versatility to a whole new level. Whatever the player brings to the guitar comes through - it can be played to sound warm or bright. The roasting process for the top elicits a more played-in tone, and together with the V-Class bracing it gives the player a more expressive tool in the form of increased dynamic range, greater projection, longer sustaining notes, and more harmonic agreement with chords up the entire fretboard. The 614ce also stands out as one of the most touch-sensitive models in the entire Taylor acoustic line. Whether you play fingerstyle arrangements or strum in alternate tunings, whatever your preferred musical style, this guitar pays musical dividends on what you put into it. Aesthetic touches include a hand-rubbed Brown Sugar stain that highlights the rich figure of the maple back and sides, along with ebony binding, a paua abalone rosette trimmed with ebony and ivoroid, and Taylor's Wings fretboard and peghead inlays in grained ivoroid. The guitar ships with ES2 electronics in a deluxe hardshell case.
Grand Auditorium: Taylor’s signature shape embodies the ultimate all-purpose acoustic.
- Torrefied Sitka Spruce Top: The soundboard choice for most guitars, Sitka spruce produces a broad dynamic range and accommodates a versatile range of playing styles.
Maple Back & Sides: Revoiced to produce greater warmth, complexity, volume, sustain and responsiveness.
Expression System 2 Electronics: The Expression System 2 captures more of a guitar’s dynamic properties using a breakthrough behind-the-saddle design.
Venetian Cutaway: The Venetian cutaway is known for its soft, round lines. The sloping peak of the cutaway will vary depending on the shape of the guitar.
V-Class Bracing: A revolutionary design that balances the flexibility and stability of the top, V-Class bracing produces unmatched sustain, volume, and intonation.
- Scale Length: 25-1/2"
- Nut & Saddle: Black Graphite, Micarta Saddle
- Bracing: V-Class
- Truss Rod Cover: West African Crelicam Ebony
- Pickguard: Dark Stained Maple
- Number of Frets: 20
- Tuners: Taylor Nickel
- Case: Taylor Deluxe Hardshell Brown
- Brand of Strings: Elixir Phosphor Bronze Light
- Body Length: 20"
- Body Width: 16"
- Body Depth: 4 5/8"
- Binding/Edge Treatment: West African Crelicam Ebony
- Top Finish: Gloss 4.5
- Back Config: 2-Piece No Wedge
- Backstrap Finish: Glass
- Rosette Size: Single Ring
- Bridge Inlay: None
- Back/Side Finish: Gloss 4.5
- Armrest Binding: None
- Backstrap Wood: Match Binding
- Rosette Mat.: Paua
- Stain/Sunburst: Brown Sugar
- Wedge: None
- Armrest: None
- Neck Width: 1-3/4"
- Fretboard Inlay: Grained Ivoroid Wings
- Fretboard Binding/Edge Treatment: West African Crelicam Ebony
- Heel Cap Binding: West African Crelicam Ebony
- Type of Neck Joint: Taylor Neck
- Neck/Heel: Hard Rock Maple
- Fretboard Wood: West African Crelicam Ebony
- Neck Finish: Satin
- Heel Length: 3-1/2"
- Peghead Finish: Gloss
- Peghead Binding: West African Crelicam Ebony
- Peghead Type: Standard
- Peghead Purfling: Ivoroid
- Headstock Overlay: West African Crelicam Ebony
- Peghead Inlay: Grained Ivoroid Wings
- Peghead Logo: Grained Ivoroid
- Bridge Pins: West African Crelicam Ebony
- Buttons: Nickel
- Fingerboard Ext: None
- Edge Trim: None