The Paranormal Jazz Bass ’54 turns fiction into reality, combining the easy playability and tonal versatility of the J Bass with the classic looks of its older sibling, the Precision Bass (around 1954, the P Bass transitioned from a slab body to a contoured body). This bass is easy to play thanks to its “C”-shaped neck profile and narrow 1.5” nut width and offers out-of-this-world tone courtesy of its dual Fender-Designed alnico single-coil pickups. Further refinements include a vintage-style bridge and tuning machines, dual concentric volume and tone controls, and a sprawling ’50s-style pickguard that transports the Jazz Bass back in time.
Wood grain may vary from product photos shown.
- Jazz Bass tone and playability, 1954 Precision Bass styling
- Fender-Designed alnico single-coil pickups
- Dual concentric volume and tone controls
- Vintage-style pickguard
- Chrome hardware
FENDER-DESIGNED ALNICO PICKUPS
This model features Fender-Designed alnico single-coil pickups for authentic Fender tone.
DUAL CONCENTRIC VOLUME AND TONE CONTROLS
Volume and tone can be controlled for each individual pickup via the stacked controls, offering a wide range of sonic variety.
VINTAGE-STYLE TUNING MACHINES
Sporting classic looks, these vintage-style tuning machines provide rock-solid tuning stability and smooth action.
- Body Material: Poplar
- Body Shape: Jazz Bass
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Neck Shape: "C" Shape
- Scale Length: 34" (86.36cm)
- Fingerboard Material: Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241mm)
- Number of Frets: 20
- Fret Size: Narrow Tall
- Nut Material: Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width: 1.5" (38.1mm)
- Position Inlays: Black Dot
- Truss Rod: Head Adjust
- Bridge Pickup: Fender Designed Alnico Single-Coil
- Neck Pickup: Fender Designed Alnico Single-Coil
- Controls: Stacked Concentric Controls Volume 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Tone 2. (Bridge Pickup)
- Configuration: SS
- Bridge: 4-Saddle Vintage-Style
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style
- Pickguard: 1-Ply Gold Anodized Aluminum
- Control Knobs: Knurled Chrome/Black Concentric
- Strings: .045-.105 Gauges
- Case/Gig Bag: None