BETA 87A Vocal Microphone
Forstudio-quality sound in live performance, a smooth, tailored response for warm,accurate sound.
The ShureBETA 87A is a premium quality supercardioid hand-held electret condenser vocalmicrophone with exceptionally smooth frequency response and high sound pressurelevel capability. Used for professional sound reinforcement, broadcasting, andstudio recording applications, the Beta 87A combines superb performance withthe ruggedness needed for touring and field production.
The Beta 87Afeatures a controlled low-frequency roll-off that compensates for proximityeffect and prevents the "boomy" sound often associated with close pick-up. Thecharacteristic Shure presence rise brightens the upper midrange. The tightsupercardioid pattern, with null points at approximately 125 degrees, providesmaximum isolation from other vocalists or instruments while offering minimaloff-axis coloration. The Beta 87A operates on phantom power.
- Smoothfrequency response with gradual presence rise
- Highlyconsistent supercardioid polar pattern provides superior gain-before-feedback
- Electroniclow-frequency roll-off compensates for proximity effect
- Wide dynamicrange (117 dB) and low distortion characteristics
- Very lowsusceptibility to RFI and electromagnetic hum
- Advancedcartridge shock-mount system absorbs mechanical shocks and reduces handlingnoise
- Built-in popfilter reduces undesirable wind and breath sounds
- LegendaryShure quality and reliability
Type: Condenser(electret bias)
FrequencyResponse: 50 to 20,000 Hz
Phantompower required? Phantom Supply Requirement: 11 to 52 Vdc, positive at bothpins 2 and 3, Current Drain: 1.0 to 1.2 Ma
This item is sold As-Described
This item is sold As-Described and cannot be returned unless it arrives in a condition different from how it was described or photographed.