PLAY SOMETHING DIFFERENT
Explore your individual creativity with the bold looks and inspiring sound of the Newporter Player. Featuring a solid spruce top, mahogany back and sides, and 6-in-line headstock, the mid-sized Newporter body shape provides a balanced voice that’s both articulate and powerful. The mahogany neck features a comfortable, slim-taper "C"-shaped profile, inspired by Fender’s electric legacy.
The same no-compromise attitude that gives the Newporter Player its uniquely killer vibe extends to every aspect of its construction. It features optimized bracing for superior resonance, a GraphTech NuBone nut and saddle, and a Fishman preamp system that allows you to reproduce the guitar’s natural sound when plugged into an amplifier. With superb playability and unique aesthetics, the Newporter Player is an instrument sure to spark creativity with every strum.
Wood grain may vary from product photos shown.
- Fender-exclusive Newporter body shape
- Solid spruce top; mahogany back and sides
- Fender-exclusive CD-1 Fishman pickup/preamp system
- Mahogany neck with slim-taper "C"-shaped profile; walnut fingerboard and bridge
- 6-in-line headstock
UNIQUE FENDER BODY SHAPE
This guitar's unique body shape is a Fender exclusive which was first introduced in 1965 and offers a vintage-inspired look with modern tonal characteristics.
SOLID SPRUCE TOP
The soundboard provides the most important tonal element of an acoustic guitar. Spruce is the standard choice, as few woods can beat its strength, sound, and dynamic range. Solid spruce tops are known for opening up and sounding better over time.
FISHMAN PREAMP AND TUNER
A Fishman CD-1 pickup/preamp system includes a variety of onboard controls for amplifying your acoustic instrument without compromising its pure, rich, and resonant tone. It also features a convenient built-in tuner.
The Strat-style 6-in-line headstock imparts Fender’s rock-and-roll attitude into this acoustic-electric instrument.
SLIM-TAPER "C"-SHAPED MAHOGANY NECK
The supremely comfortable slim-taper "C"-shaped mahogany neck will feel familiar to electric players and is also suited to acoustic players looking for a slimmer neck.
WALNUT FINGERBOARD AND BRIDGE
With its pleasingly dark look, smooth feel and vibrant tone, walnut is an excellent tonewood for crafting quality acoustic instrument bridges and fingerboards.
- Body Back: Mahogany
- Body Sides: Mahogany
- Body Top: Solid Sitka Spruce
- Body Finish: Gloss Poly
- Body Shape: Newporter
- Body Binding: Aged White
- Bracing: Scalloped X
- Rosette: 2-Ring B/W/B
- Neck Material: Mahogany
- Neck Finish: Satin Urethane
- Neck Shape: Slim "C"
- Scale Length: 25.6" (650mm)
- Fingerboard Material: Walnut
- Fingerboard Radius: 15.75" (400mm)
- Number of Frets: 20
- Fret Size: 2.4mm
- Nut Material: Graph Tech NuBone
- Nut Width: 1.69" (43mm)
- Position Inlays: White Dot
- Controls: Volume, Bass, Treble, Integrated Electronic Tuner with On/Off Switch, Low Battery Indicator Light
- Special Electronics: Fishman CD-1 Preamp
- Bridge: Modern Viking
- Bridge Pins: Aged with Black Dots
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Sealed Nickel
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Gold
- Strings: .012-.052 Gauges
- Case/Gig Bag: Not Included