EarthQuaker Devices Ghost Echo V3 Vintage Voiced Reverb Pedal
- Regular price
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Unit price
You hear that EVP, bud? It's the all new, extra spook-tacular, Ghost Echo calling out from beyond the void! The Ghost Echo is EarthQuaker's spooky take on the haunted* amp-top spring reverberation units of yesteryear. This creepy analog/digital spring reverb emulation machine boasts a terrifying 30ms - 150ms of pre-delay, controllable via the Attack knob, for everything from a quick rockabilly slapback to viscous pools of ectoplasmic reverberations. When playing staccato, you'll hear the tortured trails of the reverb, resulting in more of a slapback or echo sound. Legato playing will reveal a massive ambient "depth" that fattens up the sound - and look out, it's right behind you!
Phew, that was close. The Dwell control sets the length and thickness of the decay, which is to say that it controls how long the disembodied spirits of notes no longer with us float through the ether. At the maximum setting it will descend into an infinite loop of self-oscillation. The Depth sets the intensity of the reverb, which you probably know as the wet/dry mix, but we like to think of it more as how scary the overall effect is.
The Ghost Echo is true bypass and built one at a time by a team of friendly ghosts in the never-ending hall of funhouse mirrors that is Akron, Ohio, USA.
*Not actually haunted. Or are they?
V3 UPDATES - JUNE 2017:
- Upgraded op-amps for better performance and lower noise
- Stronger reverb signal with 2x the output
- Recalibrated Dwell control capable of self-oscillations when all the way up
- New artwork
- Silent relay-based switching
- Attack: Adjusts the length of the pre-delay, from 30ms at minimum to about 150ms at maximum. When the Dwell is set to self-oscillate, this will change the pitch of the oscillations.
- Dwell: Adjusts the length of the decay. This will start to self-oscillate around 3 O'Clock, the pitch of the oscillations can be changed by turning the Attack control.
- Depth: Mixes in the wet signal with the dry, unity is around noon and everything after is boosted.
4.625" x 2.5" x 2.25" with knobs
The Ghost Echo should be powered by a standard 9-volt DC power supply with a 2.1mm negative center barrel. EarthQuaker always recommends pedal-specific, transformer-isolated wall-wart power supplies or multiple isolated-output supplies. Pedals will make extra noise if there is ripple or unclean power. Switching-type power supplies, daisy chains and non-pedal specific power supplies do not filter dirty power as well and let through unwanted noise. Do not run at higher voltages!