Taylor 814ce V-Class Bracing (New 2020 Model with Armrest)
Shipping calculated at checkout.
Newly consolidated with the 814ce DLX, Taylor's flagship Grand Auditorium retains all of its sonic power with new features devoted to a smoother playing experience and updated aesthetics. In this 814ce, the classic tonewood combination of Indian rosewood and Sitka spruce still delivers its characteristic blend of warmth, low-end presence and high-range sparkle, elevated to new heights by V-Class bracing. Notes sustain longer, allowing rosewood’s rich overtones to bloom with more clarity than ever, and the advanced bracing scheme introduces greater power and tunefulness across the entire tonal spectrum for a rich and expressive sound. New features include a radius-style rosewood armrest and smoked nickel tuners, along with 800 Series standard appointments such as a smoky ebony fretboard sourced from Taylor’s Crelicam mill in Cameroon, maple binding, rosewood edge trim, an abalone rosette edged with rosewood, and mother-of-pearl Element fretboard and peghead inlays. The 814ce also includes a Venetian cutaway and ES2 acoustic electronics, and ships in a deluxe hardshell case.
Grand Auditorium Body Shape: Taylor’s signature shape embodies the ultimate all-purpose acoustic.
Sitka Spruce Top: The soundboard choice for most guitars, Sitka spruce produces a broad dynamic range and accommodates a versatile range of playing styles.
Indian Rosewood Back & Sides: The tonewood superstar. Popular, traditional, and versatile, Bob Taylor puts Indian rosewood among the greatest tonewoods ever.
Expression System 2 Electronics: The Expression System 2 captures more of a guitar’s dynamic properties using a breakthrough behind-the-saddle design.
Venetian Cutaway: The Venetian cutaway is known for its soft, round lines. The sloping peak of the cutaway will vary depending on the shape of the guitar.
V-Class Bracing: A revolutionary design that balances the flexibility and stability of the top, V-Class bracing produces unmatched sustain, volume, and intonation.
- Scale Length: 25-1/2"
- Nut & Saddle: Black Tusq Nut, Micarta Saddle
- Bracing: V-Class
- Truss Rod Cover: West African Crelicam Ebony
- Pickguard: Rosewood
- Number of Frets: 20
- Tuners: Smoked Nickel
- Case: Taylor Deluxe Hardshell Brown
- Brand of Strings: Elixir Phosphor Bronze Light
- Body Length: 20"
- Body Width: 16"
- Body Depth: 4 5/8"
- Binding/Edge Treatment: Rock Maple
- Top Finish: Gloss 4.5
- Back Config: 2-piece No Wedge
- Backstrap Finish: None
- Rosette Size: Single Ring
- Bridge Inlay: None
- Back/Side Finish: Gloss 4.5
- Armrest Binding: Radius, Indian Rosewood
- Backstrap Wood: None
- Rosette Mat.: Abalone
- Stain/Sunburst: None
- Wedge: None
- Armrest: Yes
- Neck Width: 1-3/4"
- Fretboard Inlay: Element
- Fretboard Binding/Edge Treatment: Pale Non-Figured Maple
- Heel Cap Binding: West African Crelicam Ebony
- Type of Neck Joint: Taylor Neck
- Neck/Heel: Tropical Mahogany
- Fretboard Wood: West African Crelicam Ebony
- Neck Finish: Satin
- Heel Length: 3-1/2"
- Peghead Finish: Gloss
- Peghead Binding: West African Crelicam Ebony
- Peghead Type: Standard
- Peghead Purfling: Maple
- Headstock Overlay: West African Crelicam Ebony
- Peghead Inlay: Element
- Peghead Logo: Taylor Mother of Pearl
- Bridge Pins: West African Ebony with Green Abalone Dots
- Buttons: Smoked Nickel
- Fingerboard Ext.: None
- Edge Trim: Indian Rosewood