HAPI Drum Omni Steel Tongue Drum, F Major in Metallic Blue, Includes Carrying Bag
- Regular price
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Unit price
HAPI Drum Omni
Recommended for beginner, intermediate and advanced players. HAPI has come to understand many unique attributes from their experience in making tongue drums and handpans. They have combined this knowledge to create the Omni - a new innovative tongue drum shape with a great sound!
This drum was designed to harness some of the attributes of handpans into a steel tongue drum instrument. HAPI uses a scale arrangement where the lowest note in the middle is below the outer side notes. This is similar to many handpan scales. This adds range and versatility to the scale. You can play any note combination and produce a beautiful sound.
This is a great tongue drum to learn hand playing techniques, similar to what can be used on a handpan. It also comes with mallets so beginners can get a great sound right away!
F MAJOR SCALE
low voice: F3, A3, Bb3, C4, D4, E4, F4, G4, A4
The tongue layout adds harmonic frequencies to each note when played. This creates a more complex and musical tone to each note. By placing low notes next to the appropriate higher notes multiple harmonics can be achieved. These vibrations create desirable overtones which compliment the timbre of the tone.
The Omni borrows some attributes from the handpan. Handpans are tuned using an octave and a high 5th harmonic into each note. The Omni places a high 5th to the left of each low note. There is also a pair of octaves. Striking these notes together or right after each other creates a beautiful chord sound. A chord is a group of notes played together to make a harmony.
The Omni has its own unique sound and sustain, different than a handpan. The center note has a raised dome making it easy to strike. The side notes are arranged with the tip of the tongues on a perfect circle. This makes it easy for your fingers to "remember" where to strike. You spend less time learning where the notes are and more time jamming.
- Specially selected musical steel
- Each note is carefully hand tuned using a strobe tuner
- The head is 16" across allowing for easy reach to all of the notes
- Sound isolating rubber feet are installed on the bottom so you can set it on any surface to play
- Dampening system - HAPI has developed a breakthrough proprietary technique built into each HAPI drum which provides excellent resonance while supplying the correct amount of dampening
- Tough powder coat finish
- HAPI Omni Drum
- Pair of HAPI Drum mallets
- Instruction booklet that has chord building exercises and playing techniques
- Sound isolating rubber feet (installed) for playing on any surface!
- Carrying bag