In response to high-quality, low-priced import guitars, Fender created the Lead Series in 1979, featuring a new solid-body design, hard-tail bridges and cool new wiring options. Appealing to a wide variety of players, the sleek new Lead models kicked off a fresh creative era in Fender’s history.
The Player Lead II is an homage to those late 70's models, featuring dual-slanted Player series single coil pickups, a modern "C" neck shape with medium jumbo frets, dual-toggle switches (one for pickup selection, one for phase-reverse), and of course that unique Lead double-cutaway shape. Available in Neon Green, as well as vintage-correct Crimson Red Transparent and Black.
The Player Lead Series offers style, power and versatility in a comfortable, easy-to-play package.
- Player Series Stratocaster Single-Coil Pickups
- 2-Way Phase Toggle Switch
- Modern “C” Neck Profile
- Comfortable Lead Body Shape
- 70s-style “F” Logo Tuners
DUAL-SLANTED PLAYER SERIES SINGLE-COIL PICKUPS
Designed for authentic Fender ton - with a bit of an edge - the Player Series pickups keep a foot in the past while looking to the future.
MODERN "C" NECK SHAPE WITH 9.5" RADIUS AND MEDIUM JUMBO FRETS
Fender's Modern “C” neck is comfortable and slim for fast action and effortless bending.
Dual toggle switches offer tonal variety – the top provides standard 3-way switching and the bottom is a 2-way that puts pickups out of phase when both are on.
HARDTAIL STRING-THROUGH-BODY STRAT BRIDGE
A hardtail bridge enhances vibration transfer resulting in increased sustain while the six individual saddles can be adjusted for precise intonation along each string.
FENDER "F" TUNERS
These tuning machines offer the look and feel of their classic predecesors with the added benefit of enhanced tuning stability.
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Body Shape: Lead
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Construction: 4-Bolt Standard
- Neck Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Neck Shape: Modern "C"
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648mm)
- Fingerboard Material: Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241mm)
- Number of Frets: 22
- Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
- Nut Material: Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42mm)
- Position Inlays: Black Dot
- Bridge Pickup: Player Series Alnico 5 Strat Single-Coil
- Neck Pickup: Player Series Alnico 5 Strat Single-Coil
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge And Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Configuration: SS
- Bridge: 6-Saddle String-Through-Body Hardtail With Block Saddles
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Fender Vintage "F" Stamped
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Black
- Control Knobs: Knurled Flat-Top
- Strings: .009-.042 Gauge
- Case/Gig Bag: Not Included