A SEISMIC SHIFT
Fender lives and breathes electric instruments. They never rest - pushing craftsmanship to its limits, designing, testing and endlessly experimenting to create the best instruments on the planet. The Jazz Bass, a refinement of concepts first introduced in the Precision Bass, is the earliest example of this philosophy in action. Evolved for today's musician, the American Professional Jazz Bass combines modern features and materials with Fender's craftsmanship and expertise to produce a truly contemporary bass.
This guitar is a store demo model in excellent condition with no major scratches or dents in its finish. It weighs 9lbs 3oz.
- Two Micheal Bump-designed V-Mod single-coil Jazz Bass pickups
- Slim modern "C"-shaped neck profile
- Bone nut; 20 narrow-tall frets for familiar playing feel
- HiMass Vintage bridge for increased sustain
- Fluted-shaft tuning machines
- Posiflex graphite rods for neck reinforcement
- Includes Elite Molded hardshell case
V-Mod Jazz Bass pickups are modified versions of Fender's classic vintage pickup designs. These single-coil pickups use alnico 5 magnets on the treble side and alnico 2 on the bass side to deliver classic tone with all the vintage warmth and crisp, clear sound that made Fender a legend.
SLIM "MODERN C" NECK PROFILE
This instrument features a modern neck designed for comfort and performance, with a slim, modern "C"-shaped profile (the shape of the neck in cross section), 9.5" fingerboard radius and narrow-tall frets.
Narrow-tall frets are taller and narrower than their medium jumbo cousins, making them especially effective for bending notes and playing chords up the neck with perfect intonation.
NEW FLUTED-SHAFT TUNING MACHINES
Wider at the top than the bottom, the fluted shafts force the string windings downward and keep them tight, resulting in a sharper and consistent break angle over the nut, creating increased sustain and better tuning stability.
POSIFLEX GRAPHITE RODS
All American Professional bass necks incorporate Posiflex graphite rods to reinforce against movement that can occur with fluctuations the environment. Embedded beneath the fingerboard, they improve reliability on the road, in the studio or in your home.
An original-era Fender design element, a bone nut contributes to superior tone and performance. Many players consider bone nuts to be more "organic" sounding.
- Body Material: Ash
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Body Shape: Jazz Bass
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Satin Urethane Finish on Back of Neck with Gloss Urethane on Headstock Face
- Neck Shape: "Slim C"
- Scale Length: 34" (864mm)
- Fingerboard Material: Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241mm)
- Number of Frets: 20
- Fret Size: Narrow Tall
- Nut Material: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.5" (38.1mm)
- Position Inlays: Black Dots
- Truss Rod: Standard
- Truss Rod Nut: 3/16" Hex Adjustment
- Bridge Pickup: V-Mod Single-Coil Jazz Bass
- Middle Pickup: V-Mod Single-Coil Jazz Bass
- Controls: Volume 1. (Middle Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master Tone
- Switching: None
- Configuration: SS
- Bridge: 4-Saddle HiMass Vintage (String-Through-Body or Top Load)
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Fender Lightweight Vintage-Style Keys with Tapered Shafts
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Black
- Control Knobs: Vintage Style Black Plastic Jazz Bass
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt
- Strings: Fender USA Bass 7250M, NPS (.045-.105 Gauges)
- Case/Gig Bag: Elite Molded Case